International Scholarship Details
I am happy to provide the details regarding the 2020 York University International Student Scholarship application. The application opened on December 13th and closes on February 1st.
We have a range of scholarships available to international students. The major scholarships range from $1,000-$35,000 CAD per year. The applicant MUST be a high achieving student with an ‘A’ average or equivalent, demonstrate leadership and community involvement, and meet the full eligibility criteria listed on the Student Financial Services page – look for “International Scholarships and Awards Requiring an Application”.
Students need to go to that page and click “Apply” under International Scholarships and Awards Requiring an Application.
As part of the scholarship application process, students must be nominated by their school. Each school can nominate one student. If you have several students interested in the major York scholarships, we encourage you to select the student who you feel is a very strong candidate, and likely to accept their offer of admission to York University.
The process is fully detailed in the student’s scholarship application form – they’ll know what to do. To help simplify the process, I’ll provide you some additional details here:
– The student is required to confirm with you that they are the nominated applicant.
– Once confirmed, please provide them with your contact information (name, position, official school e-mail address).
– The student then enters your name and contact information into their scholarship application form – simple as that!
– *You do not need to e-mail us confirming the nomination – you need to confirm with the student directly, and then the student will enter your contact information in their scholarship application.
– **We will contact you to further discuss your student if they make it to the final round.
Please feel free to contact a student who you would like to nominate and encourage them to submit the scholarship application form.
if interested do not hesitate to contact Ms Duque